nice simple common ingredients to flavor up your next catch of trout ! – easily carried ingredients that won’t go bad for a long time. Lemon being a natural preservative…perfect!
Pan Seared Lemon and Parsley Rainbow Trout
- 4 trout fillets
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Microwave the lemons for about 20 seconds. Roll them on a counter top or cutting board, cut them in half and squeeze into a small bowl. Mix in the parsley and pepper.
- Cut the trout 4 fillets (leave the skin on), rinse and pat dry.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat (I find cast iron pans cook much better and just feel cooler). Stir the garlic in, and then add the fillets, skin side down and cook for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes carefully turn the fish, and cook for 2 minutes. Turn fish once more so the skin side is once again down. Pour lemon-parsley mixture over…
View original post 10 more words